In order to make PvE activities interresting and competitive, VirtusWoW features an exclusive Heroic+ Dungeons mode which provides a scaling challenge in Heroic dungeons. Similar to retail WoW Mythic+ dungeons, this system allows a group of players to compete against a dungeon set at a chosen level of difficulty and against a timer.
The following guide describes and shows how to play it.
- Heroic+ dungeons are heroic dungeons with levels starting from level 1.
- Enemies in the dungeons deal more damage and have higher health pools on higher levels.
- The level is set by the party leader before starting the dungeon.
- In order to complete the dungeon, it must be done within a given time.
- Starting at level 5, the dungeon gains an "affix" that changes the way enemies will act, adding additional complexity.
- Rewards are granted when all bosses and a given number of enemies have been killed.
- Form a group and teleport to a dungeon using the Teleporter NPC.
- Make sure that the dungeon difficulty is set to 'Heroic'.
- Enter the dungeon.
- The leader must now set the level of the dungeon using his 'Heroic Key' item. The maximum level for the first time is 5:
- At least 3 players have to click the Ready Marker Crystal in order to start the dungeon:
- Once the dungeon has started, all creatures gain buffs depending on the level and the affix:
- All players also gain a interface representing the state of the current dungeon in a quest format:
- This quest is specific to the current level and the gold reward is displayed in the quest book, other rewards will be presented down below in this post. The quest also automatically disappears and appears after entering or leaving the dungeon:
- Upon killing enemies, the quest updates. The number of enemies to be killed allows to creates routes by skipping somes enemies in order to achieve the best timer:
- All enemies have been tuned one by one to be challenging and scalable! Bigger and harder enemies reward more completion points for the quest:
- All bosses have been tuned aswell with their abilities remaining as close as possible to the original design.
- If a player dies and after re-entering the dungeon, a spcific teleporter NPC allows to get back to a location near the last boss killed (no need to walk for a long time on each death...)
- Upon defeating the dungeon, all group players get notified. All group players also gain access to next level of this dungeon. Rewards are distributed in the last boss loot.
- The loot consist of highest tier shoulders, its drop chance depends on the dungeon level performed starting from level 10.
- Level 10 and 11: 33% to loot a PvE shoulder piece on the last boss (on dungeon completion)
- Level 12 and 13: 66% to loot a PvE shoulder piece on the last boss
- Level 14 and 15: 100% to loot a PvE shoulder piece on the last boss
- Level 16 and 17: 150% to loot a PvE shoulder piece on the last boss (50% chance to dropd 2)
- Level 18 and higher: 100% to loot 2 PvE shoulder pieces on the last boss
- Depending on the level achieved, you may also gain keys that allow to play all dungeons from a higher starting level:
- The quest also reward golds.
- Exclusive transmog sets are available at the transmog NPC according to Heroic+ achievements.
- Your performances in Heroic+ dungeons are saved and can be consulted on the PvE Ladder
- The ladder can be sorted by dungeon, has player armory links and will sort by level and then by timer.
- Season end rewards for Heroic+ highest players are considered.
How to play again?
In order to play again, all players must
- Leave the instance
- Leave the group
- Reset their instances:
One of the following affixes is applied to the dungeon, starting from level 5
- Bolstering: When any non-boss enemy dies, its death cry empowers nearby allies, increasing their health and damage.
- Bursting: When slain, non-boss enemies explode in shadows.
- Relentless: Non-boss enemies are 50% less affected by Loss of Control effects.
- Volcanic: While in combat, enemies periodically cause gouts of flame to erupt beneath the feet of non tank players.
For now all 10 WotLK dungeons are available in this mode. In the future, more of them could be released.
If you have any further questions or suggestions, don't hesitate to post them here.